Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Google Favicon

Here are all the three Google favicons, starting with the new one, followed by the simple favicon added last year and the initial Google favicon:





Google has released their new Favicon design. I have to say I am not impressed. I noticed it first yesterday while browsing some google pages and it really started to get on my nerves. André Resende, a computer science undergraduate student at the University of Campinas in Brazil, submitted the design that inspired the new favicon. Just one question, why not pick a design submitted by a designer??? I see the icon as outdated, kind of reminds me of the 1990's web pages. Below are some more submissions for the google favicon. I like the first one on the last row and the last one on the last row.

0 comments:

Post a Comment